This song is for you Bro...

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

A Cry for Help!!!

courtsey: Journey to Hillsong Blog
I don't know how much blogging will help regarding this matter. But something needs to be said. Something needs to be done. As I enter the dialysis world, I hear so many cries of help, desperation. I want to close my ears. I am human. I am sure you don't want to read further. But I have to have my say here but these the cries of the silent sufferers.

Meet Anamika.....

Name : Anamika [of course pseudo. We don't want to antagonize anyone do we?] We are all Gandhiji's followers. Slap us.. I am ready with my next cheek. So what if I take care not to ruffle your feathers. You have the absolute right to charge me for living, throw me out when you want and as you want. For I am Anamika.......

Age : 24 Young. I have the right to live. But God gave me an extra problem. I know you all have problems in your life. Marriage not working, salary not enough, Kids [I tell you] should be sent to Mars- the way they trouble us. They are your problems.My problem is I cannot have these problems since I cannot marry. Have kids. So I am happy watching yours. You carry on, please. Don't pause. For I sure hope not but life does take unwarranted turns. I hope you are prepared.

My Story:

I am Anamika. My mother works in a hospital. I live in a hospital. I have been diagnosed with renal failure. So I moved from Kolkata to Bangalore to do a checkup. It was supposed to be a small checkup. But it lasted for three years now. I live in the hospital and my mother does odd jobs here to sustain our lives..

Recently I have been told to vacate the place. Where do I go? I don't have a father. My uncles cannot pull on anymore. I want to live with dignity. Is it too much to ask? Don't people like me have the right to live. I have the courage. All I need is the God's Blessing and a guiding hand. All I want is to live or die with dignity. It is my human right.

Every country has a government. My Daddy till he was alive paid taxes. Why can I not get a helping hand from the government now? How do people like me survive? Charity? From where. I belong to the Middle Class. The class that does not get anything but has to give everything. Tax, on time payments of bills, school fees and also maintain a status in the society.

I wanted to do a course. To sustain myself and my Mom. But now the hospital people tell me that I have to look for a room outside the hospital. I pay for this room too. I pay Rs.3000. But outside can I survive? I have to pay the rent. I have to give deposit money and I need to set up my home. My home? I have only a few belonging which takes up a small room in the hospital. How can I shift from here to a new house in this strange city.

From Me to my Readers....

This is a true story. I have come across this girl living in a hospital for 3 years. There is no one with her except her Mom. The hospital, St. Johns has helped her a lot but due to rules are unable to do so any more. She has to move out of the place and get a house for herself.  Without a job, finance and incurring all the medical expenses of dialysis has taken a toll in her life. Any suggestions?



2 comments:

  1. The hospital will be having a Counselling centre which might advise on how to move on... or approach a local NGO

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nobody wants to touch this. This is a long time treatment and the chances of getting totally cured in nil. On top of it it is a very expensive treatment. Cost of medications along with dialysis touches 20000 to 25000. I am yet to see a NGO coming forward with this... Thanks for responding. Very few people do.

      Delete