This song is for you Bro...

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Selfless Love and Friendships



There comes a time in a person's life that whatever he had taken for granted becomes a mirage. An oasis, after which he keeps on running without thinking about the surreal situation. I meet so many people in my everyday life who are happy with what they have. Happy, satisfied, smug in their perfect world. I am afraid even I was one them. Then when a bolt of lightening hits us we feel surprised, angry, incredulous at the sudden attack. And this is the moment we wake up to find that there is a world out there where people need us and where we need others in our life.

The Gods must be mocking at us from Kailash, Olympus or simple and pure Heaven. We humans have duplicated everything... Except what is inside us. For our internal organs and for the very blood that is flowing in our body we have to depend on someone else. Someone anonymous who walks boldly through the corridors of an eerie hospital, donating an organ or blood for you. I salute each one of you who have donated your blood for someone you even did not know. 

For the critiques and the smirkys out there, YES there are people out there who have never donated blood in their entire life, who would cringe at the sight of a small needle but during the need and the demand of the hour boldly came forward to save a friend. 

Telling everyone Donate Blood is very easy. What I found fascinating about the whole thing is why do these people donate blood. Is it a do good theory or idealism? Is there a story behind the donations? Or simply they are just humans who have understood the true meaning of the word HUMANITY. 

I know I have been slow in gathering information. Pardon me. But in the last few months I have come across people who have shared their organs, given blood on a regular basis [professional blood donor] and some our to circumstances have overcome their fears. I have been interviewing some of these soldiers for some time now. Hopefully I will have many more joining me with their stories. 

Keeping on watching this space for some touching, heartening and selfless stories of love and sacrifice.



No comments:

Post a Comment